Let me show you how to successfully get paid.
It's really easy!
Home health providers love accepting Traditional Medicare patients; however, accepting Managed Care patients is not desirable. Let us show you that it's really not a bad idea to accept and bill Managed Care patients. We will discuss what needs to be done before you accept a Managed Care patient on service. Knowing the difference between Episodic and Per Visit billing is crucial. Also, knowing the difference between checking benefits vs. eligibility vs. prior authorization is also vital. We will show you the tools that are necessary for you to be successful in billing and getting paid for your Managed Care patients.
Key Talking Points:
- To be or not to be... In Network. What you need to know BEFORE signing that contract. Plus Credentialing, Contracts, Rates, Rules and Negotiation.
- Episodic Billing vs. Per Visit Billing. No you cannot bill how you want to bill.
- Benefits vs. Eligibility vs. Prior Authorization vs. Nothing
- Tools needed to be successful: Workflows, Processes & Plans
- What should be done wayyyyyy before billing begins.
- Differences in managed care billing codes, procedures, processes, and methods.
- What you should stop doing vs. start doing
- Which AR reports are important for you to be tracking and how to get them
- Case studies of doing managed care right vs. wrong.
Audience: Executives, Administrators, CFOs, CEOs and decision makers within an organization
Presenter: Petria McKelvey, CEO, PMBI-Payment Management Billing Institute, Houston, TX
Petria McKelvey is CEO and Founder of PMB, with 31 years of experience in the medical billing industry. Petria's expertise runs wide and deep. She has helped hundreds of private practitioners and healthcare organizations solve their billing challenges and recover millions of dollars in lost revenues. She personally has performed over 1000 audits.
Webinar Access: Webinar instructions and links to materials will be provided in a confirmation email. If the contact person does not receive an email 24 hours prior to the webinar, please contact KHCHA to verify your status.
** Recording: A link to a recording of the webinar will be provided to all registered agencies for unlimited access through August 12.
KHCHA Members: $105 / agency
Non-Members: $210 / agency
Registrations should not be shared between agency offices—if an agency plans to participate from two office locations, two registrations are required.
Registration Deadline: July 11, 2022, by 5:00 PM CDT
Continuing Education: CEs will not be available for this workshop.
Cancellations: Fees will be refunded only if written cancellation is received prior to the workshop webinar link being sent to your agency. In the event of a written cancellation, KHCHA will retain $25 of the initial registration fee to cover administrative overhead.