The Kansas Home Care & Hospice Association is pleased to bring you this educational program through an agreement with the Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina...
2018 Home Health Conditions of Participation
January 9 and 10, 2018
2:00 – 3:30 pm CST **
** Recording available (see details below)
Overview: The long-awaited revised Home Health Conditions of Participation will be fully implemented January 13, 2018. This two-part webinar series will provide a review of the final version of the Interpretive Guide. Just as the final HH CoP Rule provided updates and changes over the Interim rule, the final version of the Interpretive Guide, due to be released by the end of December 2017, is expected to address the unanswered questions with the draft version released October 27, 2017.
Join us from the comfort of your own home health agency as we dive deep into the final Home Health CoP Interpretive Guidelines. It is important that every home health agency be familiar with the Interpretive Guidelines to be prepared for how and what official surveyors will look at when they come to your home health agency to determine compliance with home health certification requirements. The importance of knowing the content and expectations for these surveys is imperative whether your agency has deemed status through an accreditation organization or a survey by your state agency. Remember, even though you may receive deemed status from an approved accreditation program, your individual state survey agency may do validation surveys behind that accreditation survey or complaint investigations to ensure the HHA is always in compliance with the Conditions of Participation.
Part 1 - January 9:
- 484.40: Release of Patient Identifiable OASIS Information
- 484.45 Reporting, Transmitting and Accuracy of OASIS Information
- 484.50 Patient Rights
- 484.55 Comprehensive Assessment of Patients that is timely, Interdisciplinary, appropriately updated and focused on unique condition of individual
- 484.60 Care Planning, Coordination of Services and Plan of Care with focus on a patient-focused, individualized, interdisciplinary, goal and outcome oriented plan of care, continually updated and includes orders from all relevant physicians proving care to the patient
Part 2 - January 10:
- 484.65 Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- 484.70 Infection Prevention and Control
- 484.75 Skilled Professional Services
- 484.80 (g) and (h) Home Health Aide Assignments, Duties and Supervision
- 484.105 Role of Governing Body, Administrator and Clinical Manager
- 484.105 (d) Parent-Branch Relationship
- 484.105 (f) Services Under Arrangement
- 484.110 Clinical Records
Meet the Speaker: Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer, Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc. is a well-known health care consultant and speaker with over 30 years of healthcare experience and extensive experience in home care and home health management. Judy frequently speaks nationally on home health coverage, coding, HH COPs, PPS and medical review.
Convenience: Enjoy the convenience and cost-efficiency of a webinar – watch the speaker’s slide presentation on the internet while listening by telephone or through your computer’s microphone and speakers (VoIP). There is no limit to the number of attendees from your agency who may participate at your site using one phone line and a computer with internet access.
Confirmation: Prior to the webinar, a GoToWebinar link will be e-mailed to you. You will need to register through this link to attend the webinar. You will be sent a confirmation which will include a join link to access the webinar, a dial-in number and an access code to listen in via telephone. You will also be sent any pertinent handouts if available.
Registration Fee: Registration fees are based on one phone/webinar connection; multiple site participation for your agency will require a separate registration fee for each connection. Please note: if your agency has sent in 1 registration but 3 people from your agency register through the GTW link, your agency will be invoiced for the 2 additional registrations.
Following the webinar, you will receive a recording via link and it will be available for 30 days following the webinar.
KHCHA Members: $220